Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Importance of a Household Item


There are several items a person uses throughout their daily life that he or she may feel is a major necessity. For my third assignment on my blog, my religion teacher told the class to find a particular item in our household that we feel is important and use daily and to state all of that items factors. The item that I chose for this assignment is my computer. I've had my MacBook Pro since my freshman year of high school and can honestly say I've never gone a whole 24 hours without using it or someone else's MacBook. Whether I'm at home, at a friends house, or even at work with my mom, my computer travels with me in the majority of the places I go. It's a huge necessity in my life for multiple reasons:

  1. During the school year, I have tons of assignments that need to be typed and turned in for completion. 
  2. I use the Internet everyday, whether it is for school, social networks, or to simply google a question I'd like an answer to. 
  3. I can take pictures and make videos on my computer when I'm bored or need ways to occupy my time.
  4. I can play games.
  5. I can Skype or ooVoo my friends when I am away from them.
  6. Most importantly, for this year I've needed my computer mostly to look up colleges, find out the information I need about certain Universities, register for tours and open houses, look at virtual tours, and even use Common Application to start my college application process.
  7. I am able to watch movies on my computer if I am traveling in the car or on the plane for hours and need something to entertain myself. 
  8. My computer is also another form of how I organize things. I can fill out my calendar to make sure I remember certain events that are coming up, keep all of the papers I've written throughout my high school career in one file and even keep notes together for school.
  9. It is light weight so if I travel or carry it around with me, it's light enough for me to do so.
  10. And lastly, since I don't watch TV as much as I used to or read the newspaper, it becomes a little harder to keep up with daily news occurring in the world. Anything I need to know can be found on the Internet with only a few clicks of a button. 
My MacBook Pro serves many purposes to me. It can be used for business or pleasure. Without my computer, I most likely wouldn't be as organized, education or prepared as I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment